Programs and Student Activities
Arts in Education
- Chess Enrichment - Why play chess? It's a game for people of all ages that develops logical thinking, promotes creativity and independence, and chess is fun! These after school enrichment classes runs for 8 weeks and culminates with a Brinker Chess Club tournament. Instruction is customized to each student, so all skill levels are welcome. Classes are taught by Mr. Bobby Hillman, a teacher at Plano West Senior High and USCF-certified chess coach. For questions, please email email@example.com.
- Reflections - Reflections is a national arts program sponsored by the National PTA. Students have the opportunity to submit entries in six categories: dance choreography, film/video production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts. For more details on the Reflections program and how to enter, please visit our Reflections page or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday Tunes - Each Tuesday morning, a Brinker student plays a musical instrument in the lobby as the students enter the school. Any Brinker student who has been playing an instrument for at least two years is invited to perform. For more information, email email@example.com.
Student and Family Programs
- Community Outreach - Brinker PTA selects special projects that help teach our students how they can impact the community. By partaking in activities that benefit the public or its institutions, our PTA is actively engaging our students in serving as leaders of our community. One example is our annual canned food drive benefitting the Plano Santas. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Cultural Diversity Event - Every other school year, Brinker celebrates the diversity represented within our school and local community by inviting our families to share their culture and heritage with us. For more information about this year's event, please email email@example.com.
- SAGE Awareness Inclusion Event - SAGE stands for "Special and Gifted Education" programs. Every other year opposite to our Cultural Diversity event, Brinker PTA provides an "Inclusion Awareness" event providing opportunities for our students to experience everyday life activities through the eyes of students with special and different abilities. This is a reqarding and valuable program for both our students and volunteers. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions.
- Environmental - Brinker PTA encourages environmental awareness and participation in environmental education activities within Brinker Elementary and the surrounding community. Our goals include increasing Brinker’s participation in local, state and national environmental awareness programs, as well as encouraging individual student environmental responsibility at home and at school. We strive to keep Brinker Elementary and its surrounding grounds clean and beautiful throughout the year! For more information, please email email@example.com.
- Healthy Lifestyles - Brinker PTA encourages health and wellness through healthy lifestyle education and programs that focus on health, wellness, drug awareness (Red Ribbon Week), and parent education. Highlights include Annual Color Fun Run, Brinker Marathoners Club, Drum Fit Day and Mindful Matters classes. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parent Education - Parent Education classes are offered through our school counselor's office throughout the school year. Classes will be announced through Brinker eNews and this website. You can also find a list of parenting resources on our Resources page.
- Watch D.O.G.S. - The Watch D.O.G.S. (Dads of Great Students) program is the father involvement initiative of the National Center for Fathering that organizes fathers and father figures in order to provide positive male role models for students and to enhance school security. The Watch D.O.G.S. program engages men, inspires children, helps reduce bullying, and enhances the educational environment at the school. Watch D.O.G.S. are fathers, grandfathers, step-fathers, uncles, and other father figures who volunteer to serve at least one day a year in a variety of school activities as assigned by the school principal or other administrator. For more information, please visit our WATCH D.O.G.S. page or email email@example.com.