As an aid to parents seeking after-school activities and enrichment programs, Brinker PTA has listed some of the opportunities available in the Plano area. This list is for reference only and is not meant as an endorsement by the PTA. We welcome any suggestions for additional programs that meet our criteria for helping to make every child's potential a reality.
- Boy Scouts of America - The Boy Scouts of America is one of the nation's largest and most prominent values-based youth development organizations. The BSA provides a program for young people that builds character, trains them in the responsibilities of participating citizenship, and develops personal fitness. Brinker Elementary troops fall within the Northern Lights District of the Circle 10 Council. Parents can contact a Northern Lights District Officer to find a troop.
- City of Plano Parks and Recreation Dept. - The City of Plano offers a variety of programs and opportunities throughout the city. From free neighborhood park facilities to recreation centers, residents have access to a variety of amenities to help keep you and your family active. For more information on what our City has to offer, visit their website or browse their Online Leisure Catalog.
- Girl Scouts - Girl Scouting is for every girl, everywhere—where today's girls can become tomorrow's leaders. Most girls join a local troop or group for fun and friendship, but they also find out about building character and self-esteem and serving their communities—the core qualities of Girl Scouting. In Girl Scouts, girls find a safe place to grow and share new experiences, learn to relate to others, develop values, and contribute to society. Brinker Elementary troops are part of Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas. Please visit their website to find a troop.
- Plano Baseball Association (PBA) - Plano Baseball Association hosts both recreational and competitive baseball and softball for youth in Plano and the surrounding communities. Children ages 3 -18 years play in league and tournaments in the spring and fall seasons. PBA aspires to offer every child wanting to learn baseball or softball the opportunity to develop the mental and physical skills needed to play through camps, clinics and regular team practices. Physical activity, teamwork, discipline, and sportsmanship are all emphasized for healthy life skills.
- Plano Children's Theatre - Plano Children’s Theatre exists to help children ages 5 to 18 find out who they are. For more than 19 years, the theatre has been a place where kids could be the star and a place where they could gain an appreciation and love for live theatre. It also helps create opportunities for North Texas families to be a part of a performing arts club that fosters life-long learning, creativity, communication skills, personal discipline, integrity and good citizenship.
- Plano Family YMCA - The Y makes accessible the support and opportunities that empower people and communities. With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y nurtures the potential of every youth & teen, improves the nation's health and well-being, and provides opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
- Plano ISD Family Resource Library - The Plano ISD Parent Education Program Family Resource Library is available to the entire community. It provides books, AV materials and periodicals with the latest information about parenting and child development. The library also offers a unique collection of children’s materials relating to life issues such as making friends, responsibility, peer pressure, expressing feelings and emotions and adjusting to change and loss.
- Plano ISD Parent Education Classes - The Plano ISD Family Education and Guidance Services, under the supervision of the guidance and counseling department, is designed to provide support, resources and parenting skills for all parents in the community. The program offers parenting classes at the Alan K. and Carolyn H. Bird Education Center and in schools throughout the district, targeting all levels of development.
- Plano Sports Authority (PSA) - Plano Sports Authority provides year-round recreational sports leagues to all boys and girls who live within the Plano Independent School District and surrounding areas. They offer several different sports to over 60,000 kids annually, including baseball, basketball, cheerleading, dance/drill team, football, golf, martial arts, rugby, soccer, softball, track, and volleyball. They also offer summer camps and school holiday camps.
- Plano Symphony Orchestra - The Plano Symphony Orchestra offers various programs for families in the Plano area, including their Family Symphony Sundays Series (for ages 3-10), Instrument Petting Zoo, and their annual Collin County Young Artist Competition.
- Plano Youth Soccer Association (PYSA) - Plano Youth Soccer provides children the opportunity to participate in the sport of soccer at recreational and competitive levels in a safe and fun environment. PYSA's primary goal is to provide its members with the best possible soccer experience.
Suggestions for additional resources to list on our site should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.