A Letter from the PTA President
Dear Brinker Families,
Thank you for visiting our Brinker PTA website. Through this website you can place orders, volunteer, register for events as well as find helpful links and important dates and information. Our website is updated monthly, so check back often for the most current information!
Whether you are new to Brinker Elementary, or a returning Bear Family, we extend our warmest welcome to you! We are a local unit chapter of the National PTA with 6.5 million members across the United States. We've created this website to give you a clear picture of the many benefits the PTA brings to our children, our school and our families.
Should you have any questions, please contact us - we would love to hear from you!
To join the Brinker Elementary PTA, simply complete the Membership Form! For more details on our PTA including member benefits, board and chair contact information and more, please use the drop down menu options under the "Our PTA" tab.
Brinker PTA President
What does your PTA do for our students, parents and teachers? Here is just a short list of our PTA sponsored activities:
- Fall Family Picnic
- Art Night
- Book Fair Family Night
- Movie Nights
- 5th Grade Recognition Ceremony
- Author Visits
- Art Class Enhancement Programs
- Assemblies (Science, Music, Character, Theater, Drug Awareness)
- STEM programs
- High Tech High Touch
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Grade Level Workshops
- National PTA Reflections Program
- Grade Level Parties
- Field Day
- 5th Grade Celebration
- Science Fair
- VIP Tutoring
- Kindergarten Reading Buddies
- Practical Parenting Education (Love and Logic Training)
- Tuesday Tunes
- Chess Enrichment Program
- Experience the Awareness Day
- Supplemental Children's News Publications
- School Beautification Efforts
- Environmental awareness and education activities
- Grade Level Field Trips
- Fulfill Teacher Wish Lists
- Teacher Appreciation Week
NATIONAL PTA VISION
Every child's potential is a reality.
NATIONAL PTA MISSION
To make every child’s potential a reality by engaging and empowering families and communities to advocate for all children.
BRINKER PTA GOALS
- Provide Brinker students with well-rounded academic and enrichment opportunities.
- Provide our parents with parenting education programs.
- Provide communication about PTA and school activities, business partnerships, and School Based Improvement
- Encourage two-way communication, foster parent participation in their children’s education, and encourage cooperation among teachers, administrators and parents for the education of our children.
- Provide family activities and foster school spirit.
- Provide parents with PISD School Board and state legislative information on education matters.
- Provide volunteers to assist teachers and staff in areas and acknowledge their efforts.
- Provide teacher and staff appreciation.
- Sponsor fundraisers to provide funds for the purchase of items to enrich and enhance the education of Brinker children and to meet general budget needs.
- Welcome new students and their families and continue to provide a warm and inviting atmosphere at Brinker for all students, staff, and families.
- Create an environment of cultural diversity and increase opportunities for awareness of different cultures.